Over 30 years of design, project management, construction administration and building assessment experience.
- Peterson Events Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- The Capitol Visitor Center, Washington, D.C.
- OSU Physics Building, Columbus, OH
- North Carolina State University Boiler Plant Renovations, Raleigh, NC
- Metro East Forensic Lab, Chicago, IL
- Northstar Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility, Big Lake, MN
- Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, OH
- Saint Anthony Village municipal facilities, Saint Anthony Village, MN
- University of Arkansas - Maple Hill Residence Halls, Fayetteville, AR
- Quinnipiac University TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, CT
- UMASS Ambulatory Care Center, Worcester, MA
- U of M Crookston Residence Halls, Crookston, MN
- Charter Oaks Communities, Stamford, CT
- Bennington College Visual and Performing Arts facility, Bennington, VT
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Fort Snelling, Saint Paul, MN
- Commercial Space, Savage, MN
- U.S. Government, Various locations worldwide
Northstar Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility
Big Lake, MN
Architectural member of commissioning team, responsible for review of the construction of the building envelope and report of findings with suggestions for improvements to completed construction.
In May 1997, 30 counties, cities, townships and regional rail authorities created a joint powers board -- the Northstar Corridor Development Authority (NCDA) -- to address the need for additional transportation solutions between St. Cloud and Minneapolis. Over the next decade, the NCDA overcame many hurdles to make the Northstar Commuter Rail Project a reality. When Northstar service began in November 2009, it became part of Metro Transit’s regional service network, added much needed transportation capacity to the region.
The $21.6 million maintenance facility is used for fueling, cleaning, inspecting, maintaining, and storing commuter cars and locomotives, which will operate between Big Lake and Minneapolis over BNSF railway trackage.
Northstar is a 40-mile, $320 million project planned to serve six stations in Hennepin, Anoka, and Sherburne counties, and will have capacity to carry more than 2 million riders a year.
Architectural member of commissioning team, responsible for review of the construction of the building envelope, including exterior wall construation, window and door penetrations, roofing, flashing & sheet metal details and roof penetration construction. Provided report of findings with recommendations for improvements to completed construction.
"…a true professional who has as much passion for his work as he does the clients he designs for. Drew has the unique ability to manage cross functional teams, coordinating multiple disciplines effectively. Drew is not only a great member of any team but has the experience and personality to mentor."
A.S. — Roseville, MN