Over 30 years of design, project management, construction administration and building assessment experience.
- Peterson Events Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- The Capitol Visitor Center, Washington, D.C.
- OSU Physics Building, Columbus, OH
- North Carolina State University Boiler Plant Renovations, Raleigh, NC
- Metro East Forensic Lab, Chicago, IL
- Northstar Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility, Big Lake, MN
- Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, OH
- Saint Anthony Village municipal facilities, Saint Anthony Village, MN
- University of Arkansas - Maple Hill Residence Halls, Fayetteville, AR
- Quinnipiac University TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, CT
- UMASS Ambulatory Care Center, Worcester, MA
- U of M Crookston Residence Halls, Crookston, MN
- Charter Oaks Communities, Stamford, CT
- Bennington College Visual and Performing Arts facility, Bennington, VT
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Fort Snelling, Saint Paul, MN
- Commercial Space, Savage, MN
- U.S. Government, Various locations worldwide
UMASS Ambulatory Care Center
Architectural member to commissioning team. Performed the architectural review of drawings and specifications of a new stand-alone medical office/clinic building. Specified and over-saw a façade test for water infiltration in accordance with ASTM E 1105.
The Ambulatory Care Center (ACC) provides over 258,000 square feet for medical and nursing education, clinical research, and clinical practice programs, along with ambulatory clinic services. ACC will be the Medical School’s greenest building to date.
With the goal of achieving LEED Silver certification, the project integrates numerous sustainable features. These include diminishing the building’s heat island effect with a white roof and smaller areas of asphalt pavement; optimizing energy performance through the latest efficiency technologies and enhanced mechanical commissioning; protecting habitat and maximizing open space in the site development; conserving water by installing low flow plumbing fixtures and eliminating landscape irrigation; enhancing air quality performance through increased ventilation and using low volatile organic compound (VOC) emitting materials throughout the building. The structure also features an air and water-tight envelope with insulated double-pane, low-E glass and thermally broken aluminum curtainwall frames.
The Ambulatory Care Center is a seven-story, 258,000-square-foot building that will house a mix of ambulatory clinical care centers and clinical and translational research programs; ACC will provide integrated, patient-centered care supported by a full array of diagnostic tests, including radiology services, in a state-of-the-art, comfortable and easily accessible environment. It will be home to the Clinical Facility for Innovative Research and Education (CFIRE); UMass Memorial Heart and Vascular, Musculoskeletal, Cancer and Diabetes and Endocrinology patient care Centers of Excellence; as well as diagnostic imaging and radiology services and the UMass Medical School Department of Quantitative Health Sciences. Additionally, the new facility will house resources to conduct advanced clinical research to accelerate the translation of scientific breakthroughs into clinical applications.
Architectural member of commissioning team. Performed the architectural review of drawings and specifications of the new stand-alone medical office/clinic building. Specified and over-saw a façade test for water infiltration in accordance with ASTM E 1105.
"…a true professional who has as much passion for his work as he does the clients he designs for. Drew has the unique ability to manage cross functional teams, coordinating multiple disciplines effectively. Drew is not only a great member of any team but has the experience and personality to mentor."
A.S. — Roseville, MN